Award-winning Seattle Homes & Lifestyles is where Seattleites turn for high-end design—architecture, interior design, public art—and the lifestyle that surrounds it. SH&L offers a year-round internship program that gives talented, aspiring, design-savvy editors and writers a chance to learn about the magazine business from the inside.
We are looking for people who are as thrilled about print publications as we are, with a strict attention to detail, an attitude of enthusiasm and a willingness to help. A love of the written word is a must, and an interest in design is a plus.
Interns gain valuable professional experience and participate in the day-to-day editorial and publishing process—watching every step of an issue’s cycle firsthand. Specific opportunities depend upon the publishing calendar, as well as each intern’s experience, talent and interests, but will most likely include some of the following:
- compile calendar listings for publication
- check facts in articles
- meet professional writers and photographers
- compile product resource information for columns
- assist with photo shoots in studio or on location
- scout products for shopping pages
- accompany editors or art directors on scouting visits
- write short articles for print publication
- create Web-exclusive copy for seattlehomesmag.com
- participate in editorial story and headline meetings
- other duties as needed
To apply for the program, please mail a cover letter, your resume and samples of your work to Lindsey Rowe at the address below.
Seattle Homes & Lifestyles
1221 E. Pike St., Suite 305
Seattle, WA 98122
Direct: (206) 505-7104